Student Atheists of Washburn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Movie Night: Watch Jesus Camp

Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:18 pm by The Divine Phallusy

We'll be watching "Jesus Camp" (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0486358/), a documentary about religious indoctrination at the "Kids on Fire" camp. After the movie, we'll discuss whether or not religious indoctrination is tantamount to child abuse. Popcorn and drinks will

I've rescheduled the movie night to NEXT Sunday (April 14) from 5-7:30. We have the Blair Room (in the LLC) reserved from 5-9pm, which is on the bottom floor.

Anyone is free to join us and bring their friends, whether they're theistic, atheistic, pantheistic, or apatheistic!

Comments: 0

Latest topics
» How do I join?
New proud affiliates of the SSA! EmptyMon Jan 13, 2014 4:28 pm by Q.D.B.

» Curious about joining?
New proud affiliates of the SSA! EmptyMon Jan 13, 2014 3:12 am by Q.D.B.

» Virtual Reality - IllumiRoom
New proud affiliates of the SSA! EmptyTue Apr 30, 2013 8:27 am by Guest

» They're getting closer and closer to virtual reality... soon.
New proud affiliates of the SSA! EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 4:59 pm by The Divine Phallusy

» Like a child telling an adult they won't be getting presents form Santa Claus.
New proud affiliates of the SSA! EmptyFri Apr 26, 2013 12:11 am by The Divine Phallusy

» Religion, Homosexuality, and Mental disorders.
New proud affiliates of the SSA! EmptyWed Apr 24, 2013 9:14 pm by The Divine Phallusy

» Everyone is welcome!
New proud affiliates of the SSA! EmptyWed Apr 24, 2013 9:13 pm by The Divine Phallusy

» Movie Night: Watch Jesus Camp
New proud affiliates of the SSA! EmptyThu Apr 04, 2013 9:18 pm by The Divine Phallusy

» NC to try and nullify separation of church and state
New proud affiliates of the SSA! EmptyThu Apr 04, 2013 9:16 pm by The Divine Phallusy

Top posting users this week
No user

New proud affiliates of the SSA!

3 posters

Go down

New proud affiliates of the SSA! Empty New proud affiliates of the SSA!

Post by Jaibird Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:06 am

I would like to inform everyone S.A.W is now part of the Secular Student Alliance! cheers

If you're skeptical you can find our name HERE. tongue

We hope to use this new resource as a way to build our club and host events on campus. If anyone has any ideas please don't hesitate to share!

Jaiden
Jaibird
Jaibird
Admin

https://atheistsofwashburn.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

New proud affiliates of the SSA! Empty Re: New proud affiliates of the SSA!

Post by The Divine Phallusy Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:49 am

Did they send you the group start-up packet thing? If not, we need to sit down and actually go over it sometime so that we can get things going in the right direction.
The Divine Phallusy
The Divine Phallusy

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaibird Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:14 am

Yeah they did that's how I knew we were affiliates. If you want you should print off all the benefits and things they offer and we can go through them at the next meeting.
Jaibird
Jaibird
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Divine Phallusy Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:03 pm

I can do that, I'm not sure when the next meeting will be, since my car is currently totaled and all.
The Divine Phallusy
The Divine Phallusy

Back to top Go down

New proud affiliates of the SSA! Empty SSA

Post by KentM Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:30 pm

I am happy to discover that there is an atheist group at Washburn. It is a good move to affiliate with the Secular Student Alliance, which from my past contacts with them, seem to be a good group that can provide helpful info to a new group like SAW. I am not a student but, if it's OK, would like to attend a meeting and just wish you well in person. Good luck to SAW!

KentM

Back to top Go down

Post by The Divine Phallusy Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:04 pm

Hey Kent, welcome to the Student Atheists of Washburn! The forum is about as "official" as membership gets right now. I hope you'll come to a few events and get your opinion out there on the forum as well, because we damn sure appreciate all the help and feedback we can get.
The Divine Phallusy
The Divine Phallusy

Back to top Go down

New proud affiliates of the SSA! Empty Events

Post by KentM Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:39 am

The Divine Phallusy wrote:Hey Kent, welcome to the Student Atheists of Washburn! The forum is about as "official" as membership gets right now. I hope you'll come to a few events and get your opinion out there on the forum as well, because we damn sure appreciate all the help and feedback we can get.

When do you have events coming up in the next month or two? And where are they held? --Kent

KentM

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaibird Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:12 pm

Ask an Atheist day will be April 18th as far as I know. We will set up a table around noon and take shifts taking questions till around 4. Austin might be able to give you more information about that if you would like to attend! I'll also put it on the calendar.
Jaibird
Jaibird
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum